Everything we do at Van Belle revolves around Five Core Values – please check them out first to see if the VBN culture is a good fit for you. If you think you live and work by our core values, we invite you to take a look at our current career opportunities and get in touch with us.
Permanent, Full Time
Because of our ongoing growth and commitment to continuous improvement, we are looking for someone to join our team in the position of Assistant Grower. This position deals primarily with perennials and annuals.
Paid Internship (potential for Permanent, Full Time)
We have oodles of ideas for new web development. Interested? Join our growing team !
We are looking for a web programmer to help develop and support a variety of websites. This job is primarily about backend systems development working in conjunction with a team. You will work with a web designer, so this job is more about architecting websites than designing the content and layout. Of course, any experience in actual design is welcome. Demonstrated ability may lead to full time employment opportunities. If you are interested, please reply to email@example.com and cc: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Back End Web Developer Position” in the subject line.
Temporary Seasonal, Full Time
Because of our ongoing growth and commitment to continuous improvement, we need to hire additional TEMPORARY full-time Production Nursery Workers, starting in February 2014.
Our Production Nursery Workers are a part of every stage of plant production in propagating new plants from cuttings to shipping plants to customers.
- Reporting to a Supervisor and the Operations Manager, your responsibilities include:
- everything related to plant care including weeding, watering, fertilizing, potting up, pruning, and winterizing;
- Moving plants around the nursery;
- Assisting with propagation as requested, including taking cuttings, and sticking plugs or cuttings into liners;
- Preparing plants for shipping, including pulling orders, grading, boxing, stacking, crating, and wrapping;
- Performing pesticide and fungicide duties as required; and
- Performing other tasks as needed.
- You are a hard working self-starter who can work unsupervised quickly and efficiently and can speak English fluently.
- You are willing to work outdoors in all weather conditions, enjoy consistent hours, and are willing to work extra hours from March through July.
- You are in good physical condition, and have a positive attitude. Horticulture knowledge and experience is an asset but not required.
Please be advised that Van Belle Nursery is a smoke free workplace. This job requires repetitive bending, twisting, pulling, and lifting of up to 40lbs. It also requires standing for long periods of time.
Van Belle Nursery offers a competitive compensation package:
- Starting wage of $10.25 per hour.
- Paid vacation and statutory holidays.
- Employee discounts on plant purchases.
How to apply:
If you would like to apply to join our team, please submit a resume and cover letter, to our Human Resources Administrator: Email to: email@example.com, fax to: 604-853-6282, or drop off weekdays from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm to:
Van Belle Nursery Inc, 34825 Hallert Rd, Abbotsford, BC V3G 1R3